… with new eyes

something in my life has to end today.

it’s not a part of me, just the story that it has carried.

it’s not just the story, but also the view that the story has taken and all that it has obscured ahead, behind and all around me.

i have always been intrigued by the gaggle of voices in my inner realm – the ones that have defended me and, also, the ones that have caused quite a ruckus.  for the most part, though, when i am not aware, they have directed a story that has blocked me from seeing my self and the people in my life as we really are and what is really possible.

surprising. i have been doing this thing that i do for a while now – i know this stuff, right? … how perception alters and obscures the view ahead.  but, still, it is easy to get lost in the dream and in the autofocus of the mind’s agenda – defend the story at all cost!

well, the story no longer fits – i am bursting at the seams – and i am no longer happy with the view, nor satisfied in watching myself in this life.

i want to be my life!

where do i begin?

i begin right here – right now – in this moment with new eyes.

i accept and forgive the past and initiate a plan that can help me live an authentic life.

i let go of my fear of failure and inaccessible perfection and open to my purpose with fearlessness and faith.

in stillness, this unobstructed view feels like a wide angled lens that catches everything, but focuses on none, content in the observance and presence of all. buddhists call this greater vision mahamudra, and, when you open to it, everything seems to shift … my dog henry isn’t the only one to greet my husband with warmth and love when he comes home!

in this pause, i offer an open heart to myself when i am overwhelmed – i am present for the needs of my body and spirit – i approach each person and situation with curiosity, compassion and joy – i can see and admire the spider web glistening in the sun – i am no longer vulnerable but courageous

i smile more

i am available for the world!

the world! how my heart longs to change the world!

from here, outside the story, in wide view, i know that i, alone, cannot change the world.

the only thing that i can change is how i perceive it.

what story will you let go of and how will your world change when you do?

12 Comments

1. Yvonne V on January 11, 2017 at 11:00

Nice post for the new year!

• Annette Diamantopoulos on January 12, 2017 at 11:00

i’m excited to see what ‘story’ the writer in you will create this year!

2. Loren Gould on January 11, 2017 at 11:00

Wonderful to feel free of old stories we tell ourselves. Awsome to be unincombered by thoughts of what is expected of you. To accept yourself as who you are I feel will set the standard of what others will grow to accept. Thanks Annette for your kindness and love you share with many. Wishing the best for new beginnings whenever they start:) xxoo

• Annette Diamantopoulos on January 12, 2017 at 11:00

…”new beginnings ‘whenever’ they start!” i love that! they begin with each moment and every breath! xxoo

3. Mike G on January 11, 2017 at 11:00

Great post Annette! It’s a great message! Thank you for posting and sharing! Have a great year and keep inspiring!

• Annette Diamantopoulos on January 12, 2017 at 11:00

coach to coach, mike, it’s the story that we need to heal that makes us present. that’s pretty powerful stuff!

4. Romes on January 12, 2017 at 11:00

Perfect timing for me to read this…I’m on the same page! Thank you, Annette! Much love always ✌?

5. Pana D on January 12, 2017 at 11:00

My story begins with my awareness and travels to my current struggle. To see with new eyes, to believe and to let go; consistently. I have been repeating to myself the mantra ” I am worthy, I am enough, I am loved” but still attracted to the glistening spider web, I get stuck on one silky strand and begin to push and pull, not able to appreciate the web but rather become entangled in it. My moment of greatness is when I accept that I am stuck, and sit silent, open to what has brought me here, my eyes and heart open to all thoughts and feelings of acceptance and then letting it all go. In this moment, I am compassionate, I am aware and I am safe. Your voice has guided me, and I am grateful for your support as inch by inch….slowly I crawl. Like a cracked window, where every fracture allows for light to shine through, thank you for navigating me to re-write my story and for bringing to light the consciousness that the choice of how we live our life is truly ours.

• Annette Diamantopoulos on January 12, 2017 at 11:00

beautiful, pana!
      yes… “be entangled” in the web … that is being human.
      then “be aware” and you will be free.

6. Mick on January 13, 2017 at 11:00

Awesome post – really enjoyed reading it

7. Cheryl M on January 29, 2017 at 11:00

Thank you Annette…you really are an inspiring writer with lovely, energizing imagery and voice. “Authentic” jumped out at me….always a good reminder and an ongoing process for me. Will keep in touch…with love